A delicious Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie is thick, creamy, and is one of our favorite homemade chicken soups that is ridiculously easy to make. Just throw everything in a slow cooker before work in the morning, turn it on, and by the time you are home you have a hearty bowl of chicken soup waiting for you.
Why we love this
- It is one of our favorite and easy ONE-POT Chicken recipes so far which is made in a smaller 4 quarts Crock Pot or other similar size slow cookers.
- A chicken pot pie is a proper meal in itself ad it’s loaded with protein and vegetables. It is nothing like the store-bought version!
- Excellent comfort food that can be easily made ahead of time and ready once you return from work in the evening.
- The easiest chicken dinner recipe - Just throw everything in one pot, leave for work and return to an amazing dinner!
Packed with veggies and protein it requires only simple ingredients:
- Cream of chicken/mushroom/celery soup - these are our favorite for chciken pot pie and if you can, use at least two different ones in the mix! You’ll not regret this. It gives a delicious and rich creaminess to the chicken pot pie. Be sure to get the low sodium versions and add salt little by little otherwise it may turn out too salty.
- Chicken - chicken breasts are the easiest to chop up and will become soft after slow cooking in the liquid for hours. Turkey is another great alternative for chicken.
- Mixed vegetables - are the best and easiest thing here, search for a soup mix or similar with green beans or peas, carrots, celery, corn, mushrooms.
- All seasoning, parsley and fresh garlic - These aromatics are essential and balance this chicken pot pie soup. If you don't have the All Seasoning spice, mix what you have on hand for example, dried herbs, paprika (smoked or regular), seasoned salt, poultry seasoning. And don't forget to add generous amount of cracked black pepper too, is what I always use instead regular pepper. Instead of fresh garlic you can use garlic powder or paste.
- Onion - brown onion is what I used and I like to use one large onion in all of my chicken soups. What I sometimes do when I have more time, fry the diced onion separately on the pan before adding to the crock pot. Try it out and you'll TASTE the difference. It is quite important ingredient so I wouldn't recommend to substitute it. But alternatives to onion include shallots, leeks, green onions, fennel, garlic and onion powder.
Place all ingredients except frozen veggies in the Crock Pot.
Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
Add mixed veggies and cook for 1 hour more.
Meanwhile, prepare the biscuits if using frozen ones.
Serve with freshly chopped parsley, shredded cheddar and biscuits.
- To achieve the best flavor use cream of chicken and mushroom/celery together. If you feel the chicken pot pie is not thick enough for you add ½ cup more.
- Try to resist the urge of opening the slow cooker before the end time. The moist environment that keeps in the pot will make the chicken cook through, to absorb all the spices and flavors and in the end the pot pie to become thick.
The best way to enjoy the Crock Pot chicken pot pie is to serve it with biscuits, especially homemade ones, drop biscuits, crescent rolls, mini baguettes, or any smaller type of bread buns and a little sour cream on top.
You can swap up the chicken to turkey breast or use ham instead.
If kept in a proper freezer-friendly food container with a closed lid should keep in the fridge for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge until halfway through and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. If needed add heavy cream or more cream of chicken soup to make it thicker or in reverse, if it's too thick add more broth.
Thank you for reading,
Easy Lunch Recipes
Did you make this Crock pot Chicken Pot Pie? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below. Thank you!
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 smaller russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 chicken breasts skinless boneless
- ¾ cup cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 bouillon cube prepared according to package instructions
- ¾ cup cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon all seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed vegetables frozen
- 1 handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Biscuits english muffins for serving
- Place all ingredients except frozen veggies in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Add mixed veggies and cook for 1 hour more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the biscuits if using frozen ones.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley.
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Cookrita on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram for all the latest updates!